The Convention on the Great Land Grab Saga in Ethiopia and India is a day-long conference to be held on Feb. 6, 2013 at the India International Centre, New Delhi to deliberate on the ongoing land takeover in India and in African countries like Ethiopia by Indian companies.
The convention is being co-organised by Indian Social Action Forum, The Oakland Institute, Kalpavriksh, and PEACE. It will bring together activists resisting this land grab in different parts of India and Ethiopia to share their experiences, suffering, and collectively ponder the way forward in challenging these land grabbers let loose by the so-called world's largest democracy. (see the draft background note and draft agenda below).
The meeting will be followed by another convention on struggles against land grab and fabrication of false cases against activists all over the country during February 7-8, 2013 at Indian Social Institute, New Delhi.
Additional coverage of Indian investment in Ethiopia:
- Former Ethiopia PM Meles Zenawi helped extend India's footprint in Africa
- Ethiopia seeks more Indian teachers, agriculturists
- Ethiopia: Best Pickings for Indian Investors to Choose From
- Indian Investors in Ethiopia Picking Up, Ambassador Says
- Ethiopia seeks investments from India
- Resurgent Ethiopia invites investments from India
- Indian farmers head to Ethiopia